Our client is one of the nation's largest privately held real estate investment management firms in the United States, with over $30B in managed real estate assets on behalf of hundreds of institutional investors. Founded in 1982, the firm's portfolio of assets includes millions of square feet of commercial real estate and thousands of residential properties across the country. With close to 100 employees and offices in Boston, California, Texas and Florida, it is led by a strong group of partners with decades of industry expertise.
This is a unique opportunity to join the firm as the first dedicated Human Resources leader and to help the firm build human resource policies and best practices, engagement initiatives, and a talent agenda that will optimize performance, growth, and effective change management.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing relationships across the firm to create an impactful and credible Human Resource capability
- Operating in a hands-on and strategic capacity on a daily basis, responsible for assessing current state and designing and executing on a strategic plan going forward
- Focusing on understanding current leadership strengths, identifying gaps, and developing a robust succession plan
- Recruiting and retaining mid-level talent to build pipeline for succession
- Providing expert advice and counsel to leadership and managers regarding employee relations issues and best practices
The ideal candidate will have both large and small/start-up company experience, and will be an individual who not only understands but embraces the concept of "flying the plane while building it." He/She will be an outstanding listener and negotiator, will have unquestionable ethics and integrity, and will possess managerial courage to be direct, yet diplomatic and respectful. Strong business acumen, collaboration skills, and a comprehensive knowledge of all functional areas of human resources is required. BA/BS degree with PHR/SPHR certification preferred. Prior experience in the real estate, investment management or professional services industries is preferred.Base salary target 180-200K, with bonus opportunity and generous benefits including paid health coverage. Please contact Janet Mullert, firstname.lastname@example.org or Richard Fleming, email@example.com for more details.