Our client is the only strategy consultancy of European origin with a strong international presence. As an independent firm owned exclusively by its partners, this organization has 51 offices with a presence in all major markets in 36 countries. Their 3,500 employees are characterized by a unique combination of analytical thinking and an empathetic mindset. Driven by core values of entrepreneurial spirit, excellence, and empathy, our client is convinced that business and society need a new, sustainable paradigm that focuses on the whole value-creation cycle. By working in interdisciplinary teams across all relevant sectors and business functions, this organization offers the best expertise worldwide for successfully overcoming the profound challenges of our age now and in the future.
Given the rapid expansion of the Americas, our client is looking for a Chief People Officer to lead the America’s region, supporting 230 employees across US, Mexico, and Canada with a team of 8 in the US. This role reports into the Managing Partner of the Americas region who sits within the Chicago office and has a dotted line into the CHRO for the whole organization who sits in Germany.
At its core, this organization is defined by its people. In order to successfully support clients and grow business, the firm must continually attract the best and the brightest talent and create an outstanding team of consulting professionals in a dynamic, vibrant, thriving environment. Reporting directly to the Managing Partner of the Americas business and collaborating with HR Partners globally, the Chief People Officer of the Americas will oversee and be responsible for the delivery of best-in-class human capital solutions to support the achievement of business goals for the Americas region.
The CPO of Americas will lead a small team to provide leadership on all aspects of Human Resources, across the employee lifecycle and for all offices in the Americas region (United States, Canada, and Mexico). This leadership role is critical to the firm’s success in maintaining and growing the Americas region as an organization that continues to attract the most qualified people. This role will also ensure that all members of the Americas team region are highly engaged to contribute to the best of their abilities.
The CPO of Americas will be tasked with collaboratively setting the direction for HR strategy and operations, including the following:
- Execute and iterate on our client’s overarching HR strategy to achieve the regions’ growth goals while conserving and enhancing the firm’s culture
- In collaboration with senior leaders, identify and assess talent needs over full lifecycle of employment, drive innovative recruiting, development and retention strategies that support the rapid growth and global expansion of the team across multiple offices
- Oversee and continuously improve performance management for all employees, but with an emphasis on the consulting staff
- Work with senior leadership to foster career development for consulting and other staff
- Oversee and continuously improve staffing to ensure alignment with business objectives and development needs of staff
- In collaboration with Finance, define, maintain, and monitor pyramid structure that supports revenue and utilization goals
- In line with the value proposition, enhance and identify new opportunities for employee engagement and professional development for staff at all levels
- Provide leadership support to DEI initiatives
- Oversee all HR operations and employee relations, continually ensuring compliance with all relevant employment laws and regulations
- Institute and refine best practices, including formal systems, technological innovations, and employee development programs
- Update and oversee compensation policies and practices, including external benchmarking and calibration
Background & Experience
The ideal candidate will be a senior, proven Human Resources leader (with at least 15 years of experience) who is dedicated to growing the firm as a best-in-class organization that recognizes talent as its most important resource.
Generous base salary with additional bonus opportunity and comprehensive benefits will be provided. Hybrid schedule in Boston, MA or Chicago, IL offices. If interested please reach out to Maggie Hood at Mhood@m2-partners.com 401.595.8183 or Janet Mullert JMullert@m2-partners.com 617.512.8227
- Outstanding, comprehensive skillset and demonstrated success in executing and leading all Human Resources and Talent Management functions
- Experience leading a global talent organization
- Experience working in professional services organization with Management Consulting experience preferred
- Positive attitude and passion for working strategically and operationally, back and forth, daily
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrixed environment
- Strong track record of building creative strategies that drive engagement and motivation in a high-performance culture
- Successful management of a Human Resources team supporting a highly motivated workforce who are deeply committed to innovation and excellence
- Proven ability to proactively translate changing business objectives into effective Human Capital strategies and solutions
- Demonstrated background utilizing industry benchmarking to assess performance and drive results
- Outstanding organizational abilities and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A “can do” start-up” oriented attitude with demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves to accomplish tasks, while thinking outside the box to establish a progressive HR infrastructure.