We are honored to have been selected by Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater Boston to recruit a new Chief People Officer to join their leadership team. CJP is a prominent non-profit organization that is dedicated to strengthening the Jewish community and supporting a wide range of initiatives focused on antisemitism, anti-poverty, mental health, social justice, arts & culture, and community service. With a team of 150 leaders and associates who are talented, passionate, and compassionate people from different cultures and perspectives, CJP is part of The Jewish Federations of North America, and as such, is recognized as one of the top ten charities on the continent.
- Partner with the CEO and executive team to develop, present, and implement a comprehensive people strategy that will enable a high-performing culture of success, accountability, transparency and collaboration
- Develop strong relationships across the organization and provide HR discipline expertise and effective coaching around people initiatives
- Take ownership of and manage certain specific projects, e.g. high-level hiring, training on management best practices, running effective onboarding, etc.
- Partner closely with key stakeholders to envision the future organization and support the development of high potential teams and individuals, facilitating talent management and succession planning initiatives
- Champion the understanding of what and why culture is what it is and facilitate transparent communication and shared responsibility
- Lead a small team of professionals in the delivery of day-to-day and operational aspects of Human Resources
The ideal candidate will be a person of high integrity and emotional intelligence, someone who has a passion for the mission of CJP, and someone who has discipline expertise in Talent & Leadership Development, Organizational Design & Effectiveness, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations and Peformance Management, and Total Rewards. Prior experience working in an organization of comparable scale and complexity is required, as is demonstrated expertise in a People leadership role that has required operational/transactional expertise in addition to strategic vision and planning capability.Compensation is targeted at a 220-260K base salary range, with a strong benefits package and generous vacation and holiday policy. CJP is currently working in a 2:3 office/home hybrid environment, with Tuesday & Wednesday being in-office. If interested, please contact Wende Malster at email@example.com or Valerie Neville at firstname.lastname@example.org.