Based in the Back Bay, our client is a premier strategy consulting firm serving biopharmaceutical, diagnostics, and medical device clients, and the private equity/venture capital community. With over 200 employees globally and growing, the company is seeking a leader of People/ HR to support the organization.
The VP/Head of HR will lead a small team to provide leadership on all aspects of Human Resources, across the employee lifecycle and for all the offices (Boston, San Francisco, New York, London.). This leadership role is critical to the firm’s success in maintaining and growing the firm as an organization that continues to attract the most qualified people.
The VP/Head of HR will be tasked with collaboratively setting the direction for HR strategy and operations, including the following:
- Execute and iterate on overarching HR strategy to achieve the firm’s growth goals while conserving and enhancing the culture
- In collaborating with Partners, identify and assess talent needs over full lifecycle of employment, drive innovative recruiting, development and retention strategies that support the rapid growth and global expansion of the team across multiple offices
- Oversee and continuously improve performance management for all employees, but with an emphasis on the consulting staff
- Oversee and continuously improve staffing to ensure alignment with business objectives and development needs of staff
- In collaboration with Finance, define, maintain, and monitor pyramid structure that supports revenue and utilization goals
- In line with the value proposition, enhance and identify new opportunities for employee engagement and professional development for staff at all levels
- Provide leadership support to DEI initiatives
- Institute and refine best practices, including formal systems, technological innovations, and employee development programs
- Update and oversee compensation policies and practices, including external benchmarking and calibration
The ideal candidate will be a senior, proven Human Resources leader (with at least 10 years of experience) who is dedicated to growing the company as a best-in-class organization that recognizes talent as its most important resource.
175-225K with bonus and comprehensive benefits. Please send resume to Janet at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outstanding, comprehensive skillset and demonstrated success in executing and leading all Human Resources and Talent Management functions
- Positive attitude and passion for working strategically and operationally, back and forth, on a daily basis
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrixed environment
- Strong track record of building creative strategies that drive engagement and motivation in a high-performance culture
- Successful management of a Human Resources team supporting a highly motivated workforce who are deeply committed to innovation and excellence
- Proven ability to proactively translate changing business objectives into effective Human Capital strategies and solutions
- Demonstrated background utilizing industry benchmarking to assess performance and drive results
- A “can do” start-up” oriented attitude with demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves to accomplish tasks, while thinking outside the box to establish a progressive HR infrastructure.