Boston Children’s is an amazing organization of 20,000 people focused on advancing child health. It’s about the kids! Yes, it’s the #1 center of pediatric care in the nation for the last 6 years, yet it is so much more than a hospital and bigger than Boston:
- It’s where the world turns for answers; Its reach is global with patient flow from 120 countries; offers extraordinary treatment of the most complex and rare medical conditions challenging children and parents; and there are 300 global health projects underway to advance pediatric care worldwide
- Home to the world’s largest pediatric research enterprise; analogous to a biotech, it’s comprised of 3,000+ research MD’s and Scientists; it’s leading the way in discovery and medical breakthroughs backed by $388M in funding and 1M sq. ft. of research space
- “Community of Care Network” includes: 8 satellite physician offices in greater Boston and 7 community hospital partners in New England; a large physician practice in Westchester, NY; a large physician practice in suburban Boston; 750 affiliated physicians across in New England, NY & NJ
- It’s the primary pediatric teaching hospital for Harvard Medical School, educating the next generation of pediatricians and scientists
- A robust $1B investment is going into renewal & expansion of facilities to increase access, optimize collaboration and provide state-of-the-art scientific discovery space
- A new CHRO is transforming HR to strategically support the talent, change and engagement implications of Boston Children’s vision and strategic plan. The C-Suite is taking notice, proactively engaging HR in solutions to talent and workforce issues.
As VP Total Rewards, you would be the first VP Total Rewards for the enterprise, responsible for socializing, proposing and developing Total Rewards philosophy, strategy, and program design, determining global benchmarks, and partnering with Talent Acquisition to hire an additional 800 talented professionals in highly competitive local and global medical and scientific marketplaces. Additionally, you would be responsible for enabling the recruitment and retention of hard to find, "unicorn-like" specialists and researchers requiring a different approach to compensation, enhancing the culture of innovation, and reinforcing BCH’s designation as a “top place to work.” Staff would include a Senior Director of Benefits, a Director of Compensation, and a supporting cast of 15 associates.Compensation targets a highly competitive base, target bonus participation, defined benefit plan, 401k and comprehensive benefits. Might you, or someone you know, be interested in flying the plane while building it? Please contact Richard Fleming, firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.